Everyone is talking about the new hot topic: ChatGPT emerged as a game-changer in many industries. It’s an evolution of search engines and a great ally to speed up many tasks.
OpenAI‘s Artificial Intelligence-based platform is not only capable of finding the information the user requests in a matter of seconds, but it also synthesizes and presents it in an easy and approachable way. Sounds good, right?
How can ChatGPT optimize the talent-hunting processes?
Artificial Intelligence can come in handy in expediting work. With this in mind, we decided to ask ChatGPT how it can streamline tech recruitment:
- Job Posting Optimization: ChatGPT can optimize job postings to attract the right candidates. By analyzing the job description and requirements, ChatGPT may suggest changes to the posting to make it more appealing to qualified candidates.
- Interview Scheduling: ChatGPT can help you find suitable time slots. Of course, it will need access to your calendar, and it can ask you to provide relevant interview details, such as the date, time, and location.
- Candidate Engagement: Sending personalized messages to candidates, providing updates on the recruitment process, and answering their queries.
- Data Analysis: Analyze data to identify patterns, trends, and insights that can help optimize future processes.
Ok, but can ChatGPT replace recruiters?
This all sounds dazzling so far! But with the emergence of new technological tools, a well-known debate opens (actually, it reopens). Can Artificial Intelligence replace people? Is it capable of conducting a hiring or onboarding process? Let's see.
When we asked ChatGPT how it can help recruiters streamline these tasks, it mentioned “Candidate Sourcing”.
So, we decided to dig a little deeper. We asked a few questions to prove its actual value in Candidate Sourcing:
Prompt: “How can ChatGPT help me in Candidate Sourcing?”
As we can see, it can provide some interesting insights, but does it have it all figured out? Let’s check the answer below:
This seems very helpful, but just to be sure, we decided to ask again.
Prompt: “Can ChatGPT conduct Candidate Sourcing?”
The answer was pretty clarifying, because, let’s face it: there is so much an AI tool can do.
Overall, this platform can provide support in conducting candidate research. By leveraging its AI capabilities, users can save time and effort in identifying and screening potential candidates to ultimately find the best fit. But not everything is as nice and easy as it sounds.
What about talent? Can they use AI hack job interviews?
Another big concern is whether candidates can use ChatGPT to hack or "cheat" in their job interviews. Considering that this tool is a potential ally for investigation, categorizing information, and solving complex questions, it is not surprising that it can be used to complete take-home challenges or even during online interviews.
Here are some tips to create a take-home challenge that is plagiarism-proof:
- Simulate a real-world problem: Realistic scenarios will encourage the candidate to come up with creative solutions, and will make it more difficult for AI to provide an assertive solution.
- Time-limited tasks: It will be more complex to solve a problem with the help of external tools if the clock is ticking. It is important to provide adequate time for each candidate to complete the assignment on their own.
- Check for consistency and creativity: If the skill level doesn't measure up to what you see on a resume, maybe it's a potential red flag.
- Asking follow-up questions: If the candidate is not able to provide satisfactory answers or seems unfamiliar with their work, it may indicate that they did not complete it by themselves.
Keep in mind that in technical challenges, ChatGPT or any AI platform is prone to obvious mistakes, such as delivering solutions that are not up to the assignment, inconsistent code structures, and insufficient innovation or creativity.
Recruiting involves a vast human component. It requires the ability to engage in empathetic conversations, and carry out people-centered processes.
It's a discipline that demands a balance between hard and soft skills, creating a candidate experience that is efficient and meaningful, and finding the most appropriate cultural fit for the company.
In the meantime, let's see all new technological advances as a chance to level up our game and create better opportunities for more people.
Can you think of other ways AI and ChatGPT can improve our everyday tasks? Let us know!
- How to Vet Tech Candidates to Optimize Recruitment
- Expert tips to Assess Software Developers During A Technical Interview From our VP of Talent
- IT Staff Augmentation: A Paradigm Shift in Talent Acquisition